- Master of Science in Mathematical Sciences (MSc)
We welcome applications from students wishing to work in a Master's degree program in Mathematics. Graduate students will work on research in the area of expertise of one or more of our faculty members.
Current areas of specialization include:
- Algebra, graph theory, functional analysis, harmonic analysis, numerical analysis, operator algebras, optimization, operations research, partial differential equations, and probability and statistics.
NOTE: Students in these programs must complete all requirements within six terms (2 years) of continuous registration.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
An applicant holding a degree other than one in the discipline area to which admission is sought will be considered on the basis of courses taken and academic standing. A Qualifying Year at the undergraduate level may be required to meet the admission standards. Courses taken as part of a Qualifying Year can not be used as credit towards a graduate degree.
Meeting the minimum requirements does not necessarily guarantee admission. No candidate will be admitted unless the academic unit recommends admission. All applicants will be advised by the Office of Graduate Studies in writing of their admission status.
Program Specific Requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements for Master programs, the following requirements also apply:
- A student entering the Master's program is expected to have at least a "B" grade average in an honours Mathematics or Computer Science program from an accredited university and have had the necessary undergraduate prerequisites for the graduate courses he/she intends to take
Additional Application Information
Although applications are accepted on a continual basis, to be considered in the initial Admission & Funding decisions for the Fall (September) semester, you are encouraged to apply by FEBRUARY 1.
Interested students are encouraged to contact potential supervisors directly and before submitting an application for graduate study.
The first step in the application process is to complete the online graduate studies application form.
After you have submitted the online form along with the required $100 CAD application fee, you will be provided with an online account where you can complete the remaining steps of the application process which include uploading the required supporting documents and monitoring the status of your application.
After you have applied
After you have submitted the online application form, you will be provided with instructions by email on how to log in to myinfo, where you will be able to review and upload the remaining and required supporting documents.
- An electronic reference form will be automatically sent by email to the references you identify on the graduate studies application form
- This form is requested in support of the applicant's ability to undertake advanced study and research
- For a list of program specific documents, please see this program's Additional Application Information section (if required, see above)
- For information about English test results, please see our Calendar