What is Romeo?
Romeo is an online database for digital management and the reporting of internal and external research funding and ethics certifications.
How can I use Romeo?
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
If you do not have a Research Portal login, please self-register at: //lakeheadu.researchservicesoffice.com/Romeo.Researcher.Admin
Researchers with an @lakeheadu.ca email, log into MyInfo using your usual username and password. Select Romeo Research Portal under the web utilities icon at the top.
Users WITHOUT an @lakeheadu.ca email address access Romeo at: //lakeheadu.researchservicesoffice.com/Romeo.Researcher.Admin
What is currently available on Romeo?
Following is a list of applications available in the Romeo Research Portal:
- Human Ethics Applications (Research Ethics Board Researcher's Agreement Form)
- Human Ethics Renewals, Modifications, and Final Reports
- Animal Utilization Protocol (AUP)
- Animal Utilization Protocol Renewals and Modifications/Additions
- Application for Work with Biohazards
- Biohazards Renewals, Modifications, and Final Reports
- Internal Funding opportunities (ie. Conference Travel, Open Access Author, Publication Assistance, Research Development Fund, Visiting Scholar Fund, VP RI Strategic Fund, etc.)
The following links provide step-by-step instructions for a number of processes in Romeo:
- How to Log into the Romeo Research Portal
- How to Apply for any Event (Renewal, Amendment, Mid-Term Report, Final Report)
For a video demonstration of how to apply for an Event, click here
- How to Apply for Certification (Human Ethics, Animal Utilization Protocol, Biohazards
For a video demonstration of how to apply for Certification, click here
- How to Apply for Internal Funding (ie. Conference Travel, Publication Assistance, Research Development Fund, Visiting Scholar Funds, etc.)
For a video demonstration of how to apply for an Award, click here
- Workflow Approval Process (for Chairs/Directors & Deans)
In the future, the Research Proposal Approval Form will be added.
If you would like a one-on-one training session on using Romeo, please send an email to Bonnie Knott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 807-343-8934.
If you have any questions regarding Romeo, please contact Bonnie Knott, Administrative Officer, Research Services, 807-343-8934.